Re: [External] Discrepancy with supported roles for aria-selected.

Yes

From the aria spec
“Features with implicit WAI-ARIA semantics satisfy WAI-ARIA structural requirements such as required owned elements, required states and properties, etc. and do not require explicit WAI-ARIA semantics to be provided. On elements with implicit WAI-ARIA roles, authors can also use WAI-ARIA states and properties supported by those roles without requiring explicit indication of the WAI-ARIA role.”

Sounds like a chrome bug needs to be filed.
________________________________
From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 9:30:36 AM
To: ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: [External] Discrepancy with supported roles for aria-selected.

Hi,

This came up today, and I'm not sure if it was ever decided one way or the other.

Should aria-selected be supported on equivalent native elements that match the implicit role, or denied?

We already have a precedent for doing this with aria-pressed on the native button element plus others, but this one seems to be more complicated.

E.G. The following does not work.

However, the following does work. (Confirmed in the latest version of Chrome Beta.)

Shouldn't both cases work?

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan Garaventa