From: James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com>
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2020 3:54 PM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>; Scott O'Hara <sohara@paciellogroup.com>; 'ARIA' <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: Re: AccName uncertainty for form field label

Aria-labelledby is ours to define how it works. We deal with this scenario explicitly in ACCNAME as you note

The definition of whether a label is associated with a form field is defined in the HTML specification. If we believe this is wrong - or even if we think there should be a fallback in certain cases - then the only method I'm comfortable with to change it is to log a bug against the HTML specification to change that definition.

James Nurthen  |  Accessibility Engineer  |  Adobe  |  p. 415.832.2734  |  c. 415.987.1918  |  nurthen@adobe.com<mailto:nurthen@adobe.com>