Re: Focus and Combobox Interaction with Mobile VoiceOver

Hi Marc,
As you said, this two-part article is excellent - and very recent (Dec 2019).

We would love to be able to use an HTML select in our implementation, but can’t because there is no way to visually hide the list of options. To make our interactive science simulations accessible we have two parallel experiences - one rendered graphically in a custom scene graph that uses any combination of canvas, svg and webgl, and a visually hidden but fully accessible described interactive experience rendered in semantically rich HTML (and ARIA).

We are going to try to explore making our popped up list behave more like a dialog, hiding access to the rest of the sim’s content while the list of options is open and until a selection is made.

If this doesn’t work, we can revert.

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and resources.
Taliesin