Re: Expected VO gesture behavior for combobox or listbox interactions

Hi Sina,
Yes, I have the rotor set to headings, so if I have the listbox activated (i.e. popped up) flicking left or right I move through the list of Solutes, but if I flick up or down I navigate to a heading outside the popped up list of Solutes and the box stays open until the interaction completely loses focus.

Ibcan also navigate out of the listbox by going beyond the last or first item, and again the box stays open. It stays open until it is dismissed or a new Solute is chosen with a double tap.

My concern is that a blind learner could be confused if the box gets left open, though it seems relatively easy to get back into it.

In the original email, I provided a link to a working example. Also I should add that our sims have two experiences that are rendered in parallel. The visual experience is visually rendered graphically with Canvas, SVG and/or WebGL and the accessible non-visual experience is rendered as semantically rich HTML.

The non-visual experience is accessed using screen reader software and is not visually displayed. So it’s kind of a weird case.

I am essentially asking what’s the expected gestures or gesture experience of a single select combo box or popped up list of options. We are not using auto-select on focus. The learner has to intentionally move to a new Solute and double tap to select it which auto-closes the popped up list and puts focus back on the pop-up button.

Does that help?
Taliesin

Sent from my iPhone