RE: Updated JAWS Scripts for IRC Client to support UIA Automation for Global Announcement

Thanks so much for sending this, Bryan. please let me know if it's
appropriate or not to discuss them on this mailing list, and I'm happy to
migrate that discussion wherever.

I selected the w3.org server to join, after installing the scripts of
course. I found that the alt+1 through alt+0 commands do not read the entire
message more often than not. I can verify this by checking with the jaws
cursor what's actually on the screen from the server, for example, but then
alt+1 through alt+0 speaks a fraction of those messages e.g. sometimes only
the first word or two, and other times a bit more but almost never the
entire message. There also seems to be an off-by-one or something else going
on since I could see later messages from the server but I had to use the
jaws cursor to find them. No automatic speech was happening either e.g. I
typed things like "/nick" wanting to incur a response about incorrect usage,
which I did, but only via checking with the jaws cursor, as alt+1 would
repeat the message from a few responses ago. At any rate, without using
alt+1 or jaws cursor, automatic speech seems to be off by default? I thought
within the window, it reads but global is the one that's opt-in.

Perhaps not related to the scripts, I also found that doing a /list yields a
whole slew of channels, but then when examined in the Miranda channel
window, only one of them shows up. I have no idea how to deal with that when
the channels clearly enumerate in the server window.

Maybe the above is all related to me doing something incorrectly, and if so,
I'd love to learn what those things are/how to fix.

Oh, Bryan, your personal info e.g. username and such is left in the archive,
which I'm guessing you know, but wanted to flag for you in case you didn't.

Really excited to get these working well, so please let me know if I'm just
using them wrong. Everything is latest over here e.g. Jaws 2019, windows 10,
etc.

Take care,

Sina

President, Prime Access Consulting, Inc.

Phone: 919-345-3832

https://www.PAC.bz

Twitter: @SinaBahram

Personal Website:  <https://www.sinabahram.com> https://www.sinabahram.com