RE: AccName exclusion of groups and menus from content when calculating treeitem and menuitem names

Hi Matt,
I'm including the ARIA WG on this thread as well since it's important for AccName understanding in general.

As a quick answer, yes this is accounted for in the prototype, but no this isn't documented anywhere in the spec as yet.

This is however included within the draft outline I sent through some weeks back, which is meant to account for these types of exclusions and subtree logic when parsing child node structures. The outline is important because it includes concepts and additions that don't appear as spec text as yet, yet does reflect decisions we have already agreed to when these were previously discussed.

I need to get some help to setup a wiki page on the AccName repo where I can post this outline and then it will be easier to refer people to this instead.

Since it's the end of the quarter, my time is limited at the moment, but I'll be able to dedicate more time to getting this organized soon I hope.

All the best,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa
Principal Accessibility Architect