Fwd: 2019-01-28 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - Minutes

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Adam Williamson <adamwill@fedoraproject.org>
Date: 28 Oca 2019 Pzt 20:04
Subject: 2019-01-28 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - Minutes
To: <test@lists.fedoraproject.org>

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA Meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 16:00:55 UTC. The full logs are available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2019-01-28/fedora-qa.2019-01-28-16.00.log.html
..

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (adamw, 16:01:05)
  * "lruzicka and kparal to continue trying to get responses to core
    desktop applications proposal" - lruzicka sent the mail out to xfce
    and KDE lists and got some feedback but it was not very useful. we
    discussed among ourselves and agreed on some next steps  (adamw,
    16:16:32)
  * ACTION: lruzicka to look at implementing app start/stop test for KDE
    and possibly Xfce next, then consider more extensive testing of core
    apps  (adamw, 16:17:03)
  * "adamw to review core desktop app mail draft for lruzicka and
    kparal" - I did that before lruzicka sent it out :)  (adamw,
    16:19:33)

* Fedora 30 status and Change review  (adamw, 16:20:33)
  * GCC 9 is in F30 and likely to stay that way, mass rebuild is
    scheduled to start this week, so expect some fun results from that
    (adamw, 16:33:15)
  * three significant soname bumps for Rawhide have recently occurred or
    are in progress (icu, poppler and boost)  (adamw, 16:33:42)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RemoveExcessiveLinking
    is one to be aware of when looking at build failures, though some
    other distros have been doing it for years so most things have been
    fixed already  (adamw, 16:37:58)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/uEFIforARMv7 is
    obviously significant to ARM users  (adamw, 16:39:59)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Make_ambiguous_python_shebangs_error
    is listed as a self-contained change but *clearly* is not one, i
    will point this out in the bug  (adamw, 16:42:28)
  * ACTION: adamw to contact sumantro about Changes that are obvious
    test day candidates  (adamw, 16:42:53)
  * we're over time at this point, so we'll continue with all remaining
    topics next week  (adamw, 17:00:35)

Meeting ended at 17:02:11 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* lruzicka to look at implementing app start/stop test for KDE and
  possibly Xfce next, then consider more extensive testing of core apps
* adamw to contact sumantro about Changes that are obvious test day
  candidates

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* adamw
  * adamw to contact sumantro about Changes that are obvious test day
    candidates
* lruzicka
  * lruzicka to look at implementing app start/stop test for KDE and
    possibly Xfce next, then consider more extensive testing of core
    apps
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)