RE: Alternative draft of the labeling and describing section

Bryan,

Like I said in the previous e-mail, the details of both these drafts need editing, but right I think the working group needs to look at the overall structure and organization we are using for accessible name and description.

Jon

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:47 AM
To: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>; Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Cc: public-aria-practices@w3.org; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Alternative draft of the labeling and describing section

Hi,
In addition to Simon’s comments, the following doesn’t make sense to me.

> This section will describe the following labeling techniques and their priority in the accessible name computation:
> * Text Content
> * `aria-label` attribute
> * `aria-labelledby` attribute
> * `title` attribute`
> * `label` element
> * `label` role

Actually this order is incorrect, and should be:

* `aria-labelledby` attribute
* `aria-label` attribute
* `label` element (form fields only)
* `label` role (specified widget roles only)
* Text Content
* `title` attribute`

This is how AccName works anyway.

Bryan Garaventa