W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > May 2018

Per FTF meeting, updated AccName GitHub issue

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 19:49:43 +0000
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
CC: Glen Gordon <GGordon@VFOGroup.com>
Message-ID: <MWHPR03MB3198707ED6B4A33931A873F3F2860@MWHPR03MB3198.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
As we spoke of during the FTF meeting, I updated the prior GitHub issue at

I corrected the code references so the markup is now visible as expected, and I added the coding changes in the subsequent comment added yesterday.

For Glen as requested, the working code for the latest AccName Prototype can be downloaded here

To ensure that the expected behavior works as we spoke of during the meeting, please run the tests in the folder named "Proposed Name and Description Tests", specifically those titled "Name file-label-inline-block-elements.html" and "Name file-label-inline-block-styles.html".

Please refer to my last comment in the reported issue above for a complete description of the changes I made and what the logic is, and let me know if anything is unexpected or missing.

For Glen, when we get this finished, it would be good if you could please use this code within JAWS so that the same algorithm is used when processing IE11 content.

All the best,

Bryan Garaventa
Accessibility Fellow
Level Access, Inc.
415.624.2709 (o)
Received on Friday, 4 May 2018 19:50:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 4 May 2018 19:50:17 UTC