From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:00 PM
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: All remaining AccName discrepancies filed. Sanity checks needed.

Hey all.

I have finished going through all the less-than-two AccName test failures and filed issues against WhatSock for now. The reason being that I currently think the failure is due to incorrect expected results both the Working Group's and the WhatSock tool. The issues can be found
here:
https://github.com/WhatSock/w3c-alternative-text-computation/issues.

Note that I've also filed issues for the two items I asked about yesterday on the mailing list.

I think the next step is to sanity check my findings. I could easily be wrong. If I am great. Prove it to me and I'll go fix the bugs in at least two implementations. :) On the other hand, if I'm right, tell me so that I can fix the tests on the wiki and in WPT and then generate new test results. In at least one case, I suspect what we might want to do is make a small name in AccName itself. If we have consensus, great, I can do that too.

Please note: The one thing I don't want us to do is go down the rabbit hole of what AccName should be if it's more than the tiniest of changes.
Fixing AccName should be for 1.2 -- and discussed in different issues. I want to keep the issues I've filed very targeted to the specific test case and and correct expected results.

Thanks!
--joanie