From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:38 AM
To: W3C WAI ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Subject: Request from APA-WG re ARIA in HTML Spec

Hello ARIA:

Wearing my hat as APA Chair, I'd like to ask you to consider whether an ARIA review of the Web Platforms WG specification ARIA in HTML is needed. The Web Platforms WG has requested to take this specification to Candidate Recommendation (CR):

http://w3c.github.io/html-aria/publish/index-CR-20180215.html

There's considerable history behind this document which I won't attempt to summarize in this email. However, it would be very helpful for the ARIA-WG to take at least a quick look to determine whether there are any problems in this specification that should be cleared up before the document moves further.

Janina
--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow