Re: Logic behind aria-required not being valid on role=checkbox?

It doesn’t follow the logic as described in the HTML spec[1] though. The value is never an empty string. Unless a checkbox’ value is an empty string when unchecked I don’t see how we can add this functionality to ARIA if it’s not in the HTML spec.

Perhaps I’m missing something here.

1: https://w3c.github.io/html/sec-forms.html#the-required-attribute

— Michiel