Re: Inconsistencies in aria-label=" " and how this should be reflected in the naming calculation

Firefox’s behavior is correct. @aria-label yields a white space string, which is then trimmed to an empty string, and the calculation continues to the element contents.

I don’t think the name computation needs to be updated. These are just bugs in IE11 and Chrome.

Joseph, do you agree?

Bryan, will you file bugs in the Chromium and IE bug trackers? Does Edge have the same bug?

PS. If you can reproduce the same bug in iOS or macOS, will you please file a bug the WebKit tracker, too? http://webkit.org/new-ax-bug Thanks!