Testable statement vocabulary in the Wiki

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 18:20:35 -0600
Cc: "Shane McCarron (shane@spec-ops.io)" <shane@spec-ops.io>, ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>
To: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
I am confused about the vocabulary being used in the test wiki:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements#scrollbar <https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements#scrollbar>

1. For IA2, UIA, and ATK why do we have have contains when referring to the value of a structure attribute?

e.g.:
AccessibleValue.minimumValue	contains	0
RangeValue.Minimum	contains	0

The property does not contain anything it IS a value

I understand it for interfaces but this makes no sense.

2. Also, what is the appropriate way to specify UIA Patterns?

property	Selection Pattern 	is	<shown>

vs.

property	Interfaces contains Selection Pattern

We just don’t seem to be consistent. Property values are property values they don’t contain anything. Contain means that you can have 0 or more of something: Patterns, interfaces, etc.

I will put in what you want but what is there seems counterintuitive.

Cheers,

Rich