From: James Nurthen [mailto:james.nurthen@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:35 PM
To: public-aria@w3.org
Subject: Re: Agenda for Monday, 20 February 2017 ARIA Authoring Practices Task Force

Regrets,

Monday is a holiday at Oracle.

Regards,

James

On 2/16/2017 1:26 PM, Matt King wrote:

Monday, 20 February 2017  ARIA Authoring Practices Task Force

Time: 10:00 AM US Pacific, 1:00 PM US Eastern
duration: 1.5 hours
IRC server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria-apg

To join the WebEx audio conference, you may call in via phone or join the online meeting and request a call back to any number.
US toll call-in: +1-617-324-0000
Access code (meeting number): 646 444 732
Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,646444732#
To join the online meeting:
1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m4b54b847795d432ef8a2ba82e488fea2
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password. You may ask for it on the IRC channel if you do not know it.
4. Click "Join".
Add this meeting to your calendar: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5a5104a880dad8d62ca1f36f5dbf90c1
To view in other time zones or languages: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=md6ec306a8bf0e87696e63103d9c6c4bd

Agenda:

Agenda+ Current milestone review
- Reset next publication date
- Review assignments
- https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22Jan+2017+Clean+Up%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc

Agenda+ Issue 168: Review updated example template
- Are we OK with current table styles?
- Issue: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/168

Agenda+ Issue 189: Updates needed for button example page
- Is a note discouraging use of role button in favor of html buttons warranted?
- If yes, wording? See mcking65 comment on Dec 11 that includes language he remove.
- Example page: http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/button/button.html
- Issue: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/189

Agenda+ Issue 264: Review long description disclosure example
- Is aria-labelledby refering to caption appropriate for the image?
- Should the image have a shorter label that describes the nature of the image itself?
- Example page: http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/disclosure/disclosure-img-long-description.html
- Issue: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/264

Resources:
Previous meeting: https://www.w3.org/2017/02/13-aria-apg-minutes.html
Git Issues: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues
Defects open in bugzilla: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Practices <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Practices&list_id=45642&product=ARIA&resolution=> &list_id=45642&product=ARIA&resolution=---
APG editor's draft: http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/
APG master in rawGit: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria-practices/master/aria-practices.html
APG 1.1 public working draft: http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.1/

WebEx support:
1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc
2. From the left navigation bar, choose "Support".

--
Regards, James

 <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781>  | Mobile: +1 415 987 1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918>  | Video: james.nurthen@oracle.com <sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065
 <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment