Re: Personalisation semantics - naming

Hi Alastair,

A HUGE -1 to returning to an ARIA prefix. This was discussed at length when
we were at TPAC 2015 (Sapporo), and we emerged then with a decision to not
"ARIA all the things". (I for one felt very strongly about this during the
discussion)

The largest issue we'd encounter is push-back from the browser vendors.

This is because ARIA was "sold" to them as not requiring *any* changes to
the UI or content rendered on-screen;  that aria-tagged content was
*EXCLUSIVELY* for the Accessibility APIs. Given that one of the larger
goals of all of the COGA efforts points to on-screen "personalization", if
we were to use aria-* attributes then the browsers would demand that all of
the personalization bits be performed by Assistive Technology, as (to them)
that was the "WHY" of ARIA in the first place.

I would strongly oppose any contemplation of returning to aria-* prefixes
for COGA personalization.

JF

--
John Foliot