Re: Git: gh-pages branch diverged from master

gh-pages in the ARIA repository is used to generate static snapshots and
I would not expect any compare or fast forward to work; and the editors
know not to do any work in that branch aside from push snapshots. We
know have a procedure to automate the creation of those snapshots but
held off on implementing it until we split the repository. The editors
know how to do it manually, so if you see the need please ask the
appropriate spec editor or me to update the snapshot. Michael