Normative reference from ARIA 1.1 to UI Events KeyboardEvent key Values

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 19:35:36 -0400
To: ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>
The ARIA 1.1 aria-keyshortcuts property:

https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.1/#aria-keyshortcuts

has a normative reference to  UI Events KeyboardEvent key Values. That
document, however, is just a Working Draft. It is not permitted for a
specification to advance to Recommendation while normative dependencies
exist on specifications that have not themselves yet advanced to
Recommendation. Do we expect this spec will reach Recommendation by the
time we want ARIA to (April 2017)? If not we have a problem.

The quickest fix I can think of is to change the "must" to a "should" in
the reference to that spec, in the sentence "Authors /MUST/ specify
modifier keys exactly according to...". But that's a substantive change,
that we would have to agree quickly because the formal transition to CR
is scheduled for next week.

Michael