W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > October 2016

[AAPI] Minutes UAI TF Meeting, Tuesday 11 October 2016

From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:23:52 -0400
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cc: "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Message-ID: <64490df3-22bf-2297-3919-288f1465c272@igalia.com>
URL: https://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

11 Oct 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Regrets
   Chair
          Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Scribe
          joanie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION-2102/ISSUE-1026: (Rich, All) Create mappings
            based on features in html 5.1 spec.
         2. [5]ISSUE-1047: (Rich/Joseph) Handle special cases of
            aria-roledescription.
         3. [6]Github issue-428/ACTION-2120 (Bogdan): clean up UIA
            mapping of aria-haspopup.
         4. [7]ISSUE-676/: (Joanie, Joseph) Added
            RELATION_POPUP_FOR to ATK/AT-SPI aria-haspopup
            mappings.
         5. [8]ISSUE-706/ACTION-980 (All) Describe/define aria
            related states managed by the user agent.
         6. [9]Triage issues/actions:
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

   <clown>
   [12]https://rawgit.com/w3c/html-aam/master/index.html#el-meter

     [12] https://rawgit.com/w3c/html-aam/master/index.html#el-meter

ACTION-2102/ISSUE-1026: (Rich, All) Create mappings based on features
in html 5.1 spec.

   <clown> action-2102

   <trackbot> action-2102 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Create
   mappings based on features in html 5.1 spec. -- due 2016-08-04
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2102

     [13] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2102

   JS: This is the stuff you really wanted done last week, Rich.
   ... With errormessage, details, etc.

   RS: You pulled it all in?

   JS: Yes. Is there a reason to keep it open?

   RS: I created separate actions for AXAPI, and UIA.
   ... There was also some discussion about discontiguous rows and
   columns for tables and grids, which we're discussing in the IA2
   mailing list.
   ... I did not convert Cynthia's stuff over because I think
   they've changed a lot.

   JS: So we should close 2102?

   RS: Correct.

   <clown> issue-1046

   <trackbot> issue-1046 -- 1-to-1 Role Mapping Parity between
   HTML elements and ARIA (HTML Parity) -- raised

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1046

     [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1046

   <clown> issue-1026

   <trackbot> issue-1026 -- AAPI mappings for aria-errormessage --
   open

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1026

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1026

   <clown> action-1692

   <trackbot> action-1692 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Propose ATK/AT-SPI
   mapping for aria-errormessage -- due 2015-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1692

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1692

   JS: Related to this, there are a number of actions.
   ... Like action-1692.
   ... I think that's done.

   JD: I thought we did this through Rich.

   <clown>
   [17]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaErrorMessage

     [17]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaErrorMessage

   RS: You need to add it ATK and AT-SPI2.

   JS: Can you, Joanie, look at the link above?

   JD: LGTM

   JS: I will close action-1692 then.

   action-1693

   <trackbot> action-1693 -- Alexander Surkov to Propose MSAA+IA2
   mapping for aria-errormessage -- due 2015-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1693

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1693

   JS: This is on Surkov, but again, it's done.

   RS: Yes, it's done.

   JS: Closing this one too.
   ... The AXAPI mapping is still TBD.

   action-1694

   <trackbot> action-1694 -- James Craig to Propose AXAPI mapping
   of aria-errormessage -- due 2015-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1694

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1694

   JS: Action-1694 stays open for now.

   RS: I just created an action for James Craig.

   action-2119

   <trackbot> action-2119 -- James Craig to Update Core-AAM for
   MacOSX -- due 2016-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

   <clown> action-2119

   <trackbot> action-2119 -- James Craig to Update Core-AAM for
   MacOSX -- due 2016-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

   JS: I would rather leave it the way it is.

ISSUE-1047: (Rich/Joseph) Handle special cases of
aria-roledescription.

   <clown> issue-1047

   <trackbot> issue-1047 -- Mappings for empty
   aria-roledescription and when the element has no implicit nor
   explicit ARIA role -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1047

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1047

   JS: I think this one is done too.
   ... It's about empty roledescription. I pulled this in last
   week.

   RS: Yes, it's in the table.

   JS: So I can close this issue?

   RS: Yes.

Github issue-428/ACTION-2120 (Bogdan): clean up UIA mapping of
aria-haspopup.

   <clown> action-2120

   <trackbot> action-2120 -- Bogdan Brinza to UIA: clean up
   mapping for aria-haspopup -- due 2016-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2120

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2120

   JS: I created this action for Bogdan to take over from Cynthia.
   ... She already has a proposal for aria-haspopup.
   ... I asked her some questions, but she has not replied.
   ... So we'll turn this over to Bogdan.

   RS: I also gave him the mappings for DPub.
   ... Philippe wants us to hit schedules.
   ... Philippe is the domain lead.

   JS: I saw his response, and he said we couldn't do the mappings
   for DPub.

   RS: He said it needed to be based on the text interface.
   ... Their text interface covers the entire document.

   JS: And they have pointers into it.
   ... But that's not my document; it's DPub AAM.

ISSUE-676/: (Joanie, Joseph) Added RELATION_POPUP_FOR to ATK/AT-SPI
aria-haspopup mappings.

   <clown> issue-676?

   <trackbot> issue-676 -- Is it useful to identify MSAA+IA2 and
   ATK/AT-SPI actions, interfaces, and relations in the mappings?
   -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/676

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/676

   JS: I think I want to close this one too.
   ... It was open by Jason Kiss.
   ... He wanted us to add actions, interfaces, etc. for the
   mappings.
   ... We did it for ATK/AT-SPI2.
   ... I guess I can ping Jason and ask him if this is ok now.

   JD: Clarification: This haspopup is part of Jason's stuff?

   JS: Yes.
   ... There are three actions on this issue, and all of them have
   been closed.
   ... So is there anything left to do is my question.
   ... I think it's throw it back to Jason.

   JD: That makes sense to me.

   RS: I'm confused.

   JS: Jason raised the issue.
   ... So we're going to ask him if there is more to do.

   RS: Did you address Windows?

   JS: I didn't.

   RS: Did you ask Alex Surkov?

   JS: No, I guess I should.

ISSUE-706/ACTION-980 (All) Describe/define aria related states
managed by the user agent.

   <clown> issue-706

   <trackbot> issue-706 -- Describe/define AAPI managed states --
   open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/706

     [25] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/706

   JS: This was an old issue.

   <clown> action-980

   <trackbot> action-980 -- Cynthia Shelly to Describe/define
   managed aria related states: aria-setsize, aria-posinset,
   aria-level, focused, focusable with reference to section 5.5
   bullet 1 of the UAIG. -- due 2016-07-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

   JS: The action (980) was assigned to Cynthia.
   ... This action is to write a section to explain managed states
   when you don't use ARIA.

   RS: I have a recommendation: Move it to 1.2.

   JS: This was opened in 2010.

   RS: I know, and it is important.
   ... But I do not see it as blocking 1.1.

   JS: I'll make a new product for Core AAM 1.2.
   ... And I will move the issue to 1.2.
   ... And assign it to Marco Zehe because I don't see Alex Surkov
   listed.

   <clown>
   [27]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#s
   tatePropertyMappingGeneralRules

     [27]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#statePropertyMappingGeneralRules

   JD: I wonder if this would be a good thing for Jason Kiss.
   ... He seems really good at, and motivated by (?), these sorts
   of issues.

Triage issues/actions:
[28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

   <clown> issue-1038

   <trackbot> issue-1038 -- Need mappings for role="feed" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

   <clown> issue-1039

   <trackbot> issue-1039 -- Need mapping for role="figure" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1039

     [30] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1039

   <clown> issue-1040

   <trackbot> issue-1040 -- Need mappings for role="term" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1040

     [31] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1040

   RS: I think issues 1038, 1039, and 1040 can be closed as
   duplicates.

   JS: Duplicates of what?

   RS: Of the one I assigned to Bogdan.

   JS: You assigned an action to Bogdan; not an issue.

   RS: Oh, then never mind.
   ... Link action-2119 and action-2118.

   action-2119

   <trackbot> action-2119 -- James Craig to Update Core-AAM for
   MacOSX -- due 2016-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

     [32] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2119

   action-2118

   <trackbot> action-2118 -- Bogdan Brinza to Addresss UIA
   mappings for ARIA 1.1 -- due 2016-10-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2118

     [33] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2118

   issue-1039

   <trackbot> issue-1039 -- Need mapping for role="figure" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1039

     [34] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1039

   issue-1038

   <trackbot> issue-1038 -- Need mappings for role="feed" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

     [35] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1038

   issue-1040

   <trackbot> issue-1040 -- Need mappings for role="term" for all
   AAPIs -- open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1040

     [36] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1040

   JS: I've changed 1038 to include 1039 and 1040 which are now
   truly duplicates.

   issue-542

   <trackbot> issue-542 -- Text Alt Comp section on CSS generated
   content does not allow for proper CSS content fallback -- open

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/542

     [37] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/542

   <clown> issue-542

   <trackbot> issue-542 -- Text Alt Comp section on CSS generated
   content does not allow for proper CSS content fallback -- open

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/542

     [38] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/542

   JS: I'll move issue-542 to the name-computation product
   ... I think the same applies to issue-609

   <clown> issue-609

   <trackbot> issue-609 -- Text Alt Comp section does not
   explicitly disallow empty strings as a valid label -- open

   <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/609

     [39] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/609

   issue-609

   <trackbot> issue-609 -- Text Alt Comp section does not
   explicitly disallow empty strings as a valid label -- open

   <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/609

     [40] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/609

   issue-618

   <clown> issue-618

   <trackbot> issue-618 -- MSAA selection event mapping for single
   selection case when item becomes unselected -- open

   <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

     [41] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

   <trackbot> issue-618 -- MSAA selection event mapping for single
   selection case when item becomes unselected -- open

   <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

     [42] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/618

   JS: I think we can close issue-618
   ... Based on discussion with Alex, there is a selection-removed
   event when an item becomes unselected.
   ... Cynthia has given me a bunch of text to put in there, and
   also created a test file for it.

   <clown>
   [43]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#m
   apping_events_selection

     [43]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_events_selection

   JS: The above link is for the latest Editors' Draft.
   ... I've added it already.

   <clown> ACTION: Joanie to correct the ATK/AT-SPI entries in
   seciton 5.8.3 for single selection and multiple selection when
   the selection is removed. [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2121 - Correct the atk/at-spi entries
   in seciton 5.8.3 for single selection and multiple selection
   when the selection is removed. [on Joanmarie Diggs - due
   2016-10-18].

   <clown> action-2121

   <trackbot> action-2121 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Correct the
   atk/at-spi entries in seciton 5.8.3 for single selection and
   multiple selection when the selection is removed. -- due
   2016-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2121

     [45] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2121

   JS: You (Joanie) have a new action.
   ... But the other things belong to Bogdan.

   issue-1015

   <trackbot> issue-1015 -- Firefox interested in doing
   UIA-Express. We may need to un-deprecate it. -- raised

   <trackbot> [46]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1015

     [46] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1015

   RS: Close it

   [47]https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/404

     [47] https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/404

   <clown>
   [48]https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/404#issuecomment-2403208
   09

     [48] https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/404#issuecomment-240320809

   JS: Jason Kiss's comment (above)
   ... And this is the HTML-AAM

   RS: I thought they decided to remove it from the spec.

   JS: What they did was move it to MSAA/IA2.

   RS: I don't get it. What does IA2 have to do with UIA Express?
   ... Part of UIA Express is MSAA. So maybe he just moved those
   over.

   JS: It definitely looks like UIA Express is gone.

   [49]https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/f4075353a61fc79e1dd1cba0
   de444f009c15d12e?diff=split

     [49]
https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/f4075353a61fc79e1dd1cba0de444f009c15d12e?diff=split

   <clown>
   [50]https://github.com/w3c/html-aam/commit/5c35ea8591713f425a71
   c3f51a409ac399c766df

     [50]
https://github.com/w3c/html-aam/commit/5c35ea8591713f425a71c3f51a409ac399c766df

   [51]https://paste.fedoraproject.org/448771/

     [51] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/448771/

   JS: I'm going to close issue-1015.

   issue-1015

   <trackbot> issue-1015 -- Firefox interested in doing
   UIA-Express. We may need to un-deprecate it. -- raised

   <trackbot> [52]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1015

     [52] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1015

   RS: Sure

   <clown>
   [53]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaKeyshortcuts

     [53]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaKeyshortcuts

   [54]https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements#aria-b
   usy.3D.22false.22_on_a_menubar

     [54]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/ARIA_1.1_Testable_Statements#aria-busy.3D.22false.22_on_a_menubar

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Joanie to correct the ATK/AT-SPI entries in
   seciton 5.8.3 for single selection and multiple selection when
   the selection is removed. [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

     [55] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/11-aapi-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 11 October 2016 20:24:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:34 UTC