Re: onclick and Firefox

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:31:59 -0400
To: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>, Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Cc: Rich Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>

Maybe this will clear it up:  in an earlier email, you wrote:

> If you put an input element under a body with onclick, then I think it
> won't pick up the body's action.

I took that to mean that clicking on the <input> would not invoke the
body's onclick handler.  I tested it and it does invoke the body's
onclick handler.  In order to avoid that handler, you need to add a
click listener to the <input> element itself that calls the event's
stopPropagation() method.

Then again, maybe that's not what you meant by your comment about input
elements.  What did you mean?  :-)

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Drau├čen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -