W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > March 2016

Agenda: March 31, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:24:59 -0500
Message-Id: <FFEDD92B-3F35-4F77-9A54-9E995898E35B@gmail.com>
Cc: Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk>
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>

Agenda: March 31, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours

Webex: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e  
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code:640 582 571 (Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#)

IRC: server: irc.w3.org http://irc.w3.org/  , port: 6665, channel: #aria.
LEONIE: I am copying you specifically as we will be discussing your feedback on the PASSWORD Role


1. CSUN Round the Table Discussion (observations, etc)

2. 7 day CFC for Password Role 
	- one objection - https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0021.html
 	- one concern - https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0023.html
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2004
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1005
        - https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password

3. Action 1490 and 1743: Combobox and aria-activedescendant on application (25 minutes *max* discussion) Matt
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490  
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/610    
	- Proposal: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/mck-action1490/aria/aria.html 
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1743  
	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-1743/aria/aria.html#aria-activedescendant
	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-1743/aria/aria.html#application
4. Action 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overriden by strong native semantics (Michael)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489
	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1489/aria/aria.html#host_general_conflict 

5. Action 2040: Modify section 7.4 to include role values to include role values as native host language semantics in paragraph 2 (Michael)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2040
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/648
6: Action 1624 Develop publication strategy and solution that would exclude abstract roles for authors (Michael, Shane)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1624
7. Action 2023 Write a proposal about how to modify the definition of role text to limit its use. 
	- AAPI subgroup does not want this applied to anything other than images and wants to restrict role=“text” to images in the HTML host language. We need to hear both sides one more time. The big concern is embedding links. 
   	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2023   
8. Action 1560 Email list with discussion of on/off value labels (maybe value text) and extending value descriptions to other controls (Stefan)
	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1560
9. Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new dates and determine if must reassign)  
        - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/17 


Extended Description Analysis:

ARIA Test Plan Action Items:

ARIA Implementation Guide:

ARIA Name Computation Issues and Actions: 


ARIA Test Report: 

ARIA 1.1 Test Plan Issues and Actions: 

ARIA 1.1 Test Harness: 

Use Cases for Extended Descriptions: 


WAI-ARIA Extension Process:

ARIA Working Group Decision Policy


Minutes Last Meeting:

Rich Schwerdtfeger

Received on Monday, 28 March 2016 22:25:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:21 UTC