W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > March 2016

Re: [ARIA] Agenda: March 3, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 20:31:09 -0700
Message-ID: <CAFDDJ7zeehQE4BU-sn+AdP70Hmgbqm0hmZdO0tBSPT01vj52dA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
If there's time, I'd appreciate the group taking a look at GitHub Issue
#136, on the interaction of role=none/presentation and other global ARIA
attributes. Joanmarie filed the issue when trying to implement SVG-AAM, but
it really stems from the Core mapping spec.

https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/136

I'd like to confirm that the interpretation we're taking for SVG-AAM
matches how others think Core-AAM should be interpreted. And it would be
nice to get clarified language into both specs in time for publication of
the new drafts next week.

~Amelia

On 27 February 2016 at 18:59, Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Agenda: March 3, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group
>
> Time of meeting is 12:30PM EST, 9:30AM PST, 16:30 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
>
> Webex: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5d67b552441a72bd1f52d696ad273d2e
> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 Access code:640 582 571 (Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,640582571#)
>
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org http://irc.w3.org/  , port: 6665, channel: #aria.
>
> Agenda:
>
> 	
> 1. Reminder: Heartbeat drafts Freeze March 11
>
>
> 2. Action 1490: Combobox (20 minutes *max* discussion) Matt
> 	
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/610
> 	- Proposal: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/mck-action1490/aria/aria.html
>
> 3. Action 2021: Draft text for default max and min spinbutton values (Joanie)
>         - https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2021
> 	- https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-2021/aria/aria.html#spinbutton
>
> 4. Action 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overriden by strong native semantics (Michael)
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489
>
> 	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1489/aria/aria.html#host_general_conflict
>
> 	- Diff: https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/0b9ebc94afa85fcfb281bab88b9dacd2a88111c7
>
> 5. Action 1719: Review Draft of ARIA exit Criteria (Michael)
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1719
>
> 	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/CR-pub/aria/aria.html#sotd
>
> 6 Action 1730 Draft “deprecated section for conformance section of spec.(Michael)
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1730
>
> 	- Proposal: https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/ACTION-1730/aria/aria.html#deprecated
>
> 7. Action 2004: Create Proposal for Password Role (Cynthia Shelly to respond with response from security team)
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2004
>
> 	- https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1005
>
> 8. Action 1723: Create sections listing the roles that provide nameFrom:author and nameFrom:Contents (Joanie)
>
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1723
> 9. Action 1743: Put aria-activedescendant on application (Joanie)
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1743
>
> 10. Actiom 1489: Propose spec text to limit what aria attributes can be overridden by strong native semantics (e.g., aria-label and aria-labelledby) (Michael)
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1489
>
> 11. Action 1513: Set up ARIA 1.1 Requirements draft (Michael)
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1513
>
> 12. Action 2023 Write a proposal about how to modify the definition of role text to limit its use.
>    	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2023
>
> 13. Review Open Action Items and Issues (Many overdue items - need to get new dates and determine if must reassign)
>         - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/17
>
> References:
>
> Extended Description Analysis:https://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis
>
> ARIA Test Plan Action Items:http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5
>
> ARIA Implementation Guide:http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23
>
> ARIA Name Computation Issues and Actions:http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/26
>
> ARIA Test Report:https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1
>
> ARIA 1.1 Test Plan Issues and Actions:http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/25
>
> ARIA 1.1 Test Harness:https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testcases?testsuite_id=4
>
> Use Cases for Extended Descriptions:http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions
>
> WAI-ARIA Extension Process:https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIAExtensions
>
> ARIA Working Group Decision Policyhttps://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/decision-policy
>
> Minutes Last Meeting:
>
> https://www.w3.org/2016/02/25-aria-minutes.html
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 3 March 2016 03:31:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:22 UTC