Re: [Accessibility-ia2] Mapping of aria-errormessage for ATK/AT-SPI2 and IA2

Hey Jamie.

On 02/24/2016 06:14 PM, James Teh wrote:

> If you really do want errormessage to be treated as an entirely
> separate thing, then I have to change my position on this: we need a
> new relation and new events.

Really? Why can't we map it via described-by/description-for and then
use an object attribute to check if the descriptive element is an object
attribute?

As for a new event, getting the same thing we get when an alert or
doorhanger is showing would be nice. I forget what event that is for you
-- just that whatever it is, I don't have it on my platform. For me it
would be object:state-changed:showing.

> If it's really such a new and separate
> thing, we don't have to worry about existing AT not getting the
> benefit.

Is that why you are proposing a new relationship?

--joanie