Re: [REVIEW REQUESTED] Rewrite of the text role

> On Jun 29, 2016, at 6:16 AM, White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org> wrote:
>
> [Jason] Couldn’t you do this in ARIA 1.1 with aria-roledescription=””, thereby suppressing presentation of the image role by the screen reader?

This is a great workaround suggestion. The only difference is that the img role requires nameFrom author where the static would make that optional.

I've confirmed that, with an explicit label, this works in WebKit, so I'm okay with postponing the discussion of the "text" or "static" roles past ARIA 1.1. Perhaps we should update "img" to include nameFrom contents if the nameFrom author is not explicitly provided?

Does this solve your need, Steve?

James