RE: Rationale for aria-errormessage

[Jason] Useful behavior of an assistive technology often is something that advances accessibility, as a practical matter.

> Assuming the new property is introduced based on the "useful behavior"
> reasoning, it will still make Web content messy with some UA/At supporting it
> and some not and some developers using one attribute and some preferring
> aria-describedby.
[Jason] The entire point of an ARIA 1.1 specification is for developers to converge on the new technology as it is increasingly implemented across user agents and assistive technologies. The fact that there needs to be a transition and that it will take a while is no argument against introducing new features.

> So consider the risk and practicality and  make your decision.
[Jason] Your discussion does not indicate any risk that I can discern. A decision has already been taken by this working group (results are reflected in the current draft). Thus I do not support revisiting that decision at this late stage of the process, especially on such dubious grounds.

Thank you for your compliance.