Re: [Accessibility-ia2] IA2 Role Landmark

From: James Teh <jamie@nvaccess.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:37:25 +1000
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>, Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Cc: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>, IA2 List <Accessibility-ia2@lists.linux-foundation.org>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Hi Rich,

I don't necessarily have an objection to introducing a new role, but I
also don't quite follow the justification.

I follow that region became a subclass of landmark. However, I don't
follow how this changes the "landmark" role; if anything, it changes the
"region" role. And even then, the region role never had its own IA2 role
in the first place. Furthermore, since we have to look at xml-roles
anyway (as we always have, despite my objection years ago, but that's an
entirely different story), I don't follow how the landmark role is useful.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. Can you enlighten me? :)

Thanks,
Jamie