From: Matt King [mailto:a11ythinker@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:39 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>; 'ARIA Working Group' <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: Objectives of action 1490

Note: the topic of the thread has changed with this reply.

>From action 1490[1], the objectives of the changes are as follows.

Objectives:
1. Allow combobox to popup grid, tree, and dialog in addition to listbox.
2. Allow aria-controls so screen reader users can see a rendering of the popup in reading mode.
3. Remove ambiguities from the spec to improve understanding and simplify authoring.
4. Do it all without breaking any existing implementations.

[1] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1490

Matt King