Re: ACTION-1490 proposal says good bye to the "inline" notion for combobox

The input (<input name="dmoTpl:idInputComboboxListOfValues" class="xer"
id="dmoTpl:idInputComboboxListOfValues::content" role="combobox"
aria-describedby="dmoTpl:idInputComboboxListOfValues::desc" type="text"
value="Blake3">) is the triggering element. You can open the "combo box"
with Alt+Down Arrow. In this case this will launch an aria dialog but
visually it looks like a combo box with a grid at the top and a search
link underneath.

If you just type a partial value in the combobox field it will not
complete from the list but instead pop open the same dialog which would
otherwise be launched if you pressed the Search.... link in the original
popup.

This may seem complex but controls like these are needed for
applications where you need to search across multiple DB fields in order
to find a value.

The other button (<button class="p_AFHoverTarget x7j p_AFTextOnly"
id="dmoTpl:popupButton" aria-haspopup="true" onclick="return false;"
data-afr-fcs="true">Show inputComboboxListOfValues in a popup</button>)
simply launches a dialog which contains a similar combo box from which
you can perform the same operation.

Regards,
James

--