Re: role="text" and text frames

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 12:21:01 -0500
To: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>, "'Cynthia Shelly'" <cyns@microsoft.com>, "'Alexander Surkov'" <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Cc: "'James Teh'" <jamie@nvaccess.org>, "'Richard Schwerdtfeger'" <schwer@us.ibm.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org, public-aria@w3.org
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your thoughts.  We will discuss at one of the AAPI meetings.

> So, I think the API working group needs to revisit the implementation of the text role to make sure that accessible objects exist for the images.

We haven't finished with the AAPI discussions about the text role since
it's ongoing.  That is, there is no need to revisit, since we are
already visiting.

aria-visiting="true".

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Drau├čen. Wieder.'
                  - C. Carter -