From: Joseph Scheuhammer [mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016 22:10
To: Bogdan Brinza <bbrinza@microsoft.com>; Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: UIA mapping of heading role.

Hi, Bogdan,

At last week's AAPI meeting, we were trying to resolve older issues.  We
came across one raised by Cynthia regarding the UIA mapping for
heading.  We are unsure if this is still a problem.  Can you either
verify the mapping or suggest what it should be if it's still incorrect?

The current UIA mapping is "Text"
(https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-heading).
In the issue, Cynthia said:

"
In UIA, headings and heading levels are mapped as a text attribute on a
text run within the text pattern. The correct mapping is to add heading
styleID to the text pattern run for the heading, according to this guide
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh437309(v=vs.85).aspx.
<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh437309%28v=vs.85%29.aspx.>

"

The link to the guide results in an error.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

ISSUE-738: https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/738

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -