Re: HTML-AAM

Leonie,

The ARIA working group discussed this at the last meeting but I am happy to take this to the working group again.

At the last meeting we agreed to look at taking this out for a CFC (HTML-AAM) ownership. A number of us, like myself, did not have an issue with this as we have always had a stellar working relationship with the HTML-AAM team in Web Platforms. Furthermore, I think there is value in host platforms taking greater responsibility for the accessibility of their platform.

That said, there were a some who had 2 questions which warrant a response that I cannot give them.

1. What is the tremendous overhead you are referring to? It takes about 2-3 weeks to get sign off on other specs. we have. … IOW it gets signed off by both working groups.
2. In the past we have seen things go out for review for a week which is not an adequate amount of time to review a spec. Given that there is a reliance on the ARIA spec. what is the review process you will put in place for external groups if we were to switch from joint publication to it solely being a deliverable of Web Platforms?

Like you, we have a very large work load and given the tie in with our work members would like to know how much time is available for review. Would you be willing to reach out to the ARIA working group and ask for an acceptable review period could be instituted prior to publication of CR?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger