Re: Password role proposal: Freedom Scientific response

My take on it is we either put it in or move it to 2.0. There is nothing terribly challenging on our end regarding accessibility api mapping. The AT vendor piece about speaking the rendered text (group consensus) is a SHOULD. If, however, we don’t put the password role into ARIA it is extremely unlikely that the ATVs will modify their code.

What we are really waiting to hear on is security. I think if we convey to ATs that this is a custom password field that will help a great deal.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger