Re: Combobox and Freedom Scientific

On 2016-04-17 4:50 PM, Rich Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Perhaps other impaired users have similar concerns. I know Bryan is
> not a fan of launching a Dialog box from within a combobox. I have
> worked on building enough assistive technologies in my day that these
> issues are giving me cause for concern. Freedom Scientific also raised
> concerns and asked that the dialog box be modal.

Another way to get at the modal issue is based on how modal dialogs
behave with respect to mouse users.  If a dialog is modal, then clicking
outside the dialog does not move focus nor is anything activated.
Frequently there is also a beep.  However, if the dialog is not modal,
then clicking outside can move focus and/or activate the object clicked on.

What happens in the case of a dialog spawned from a combobox?  Are mouse
clicks blocked if they occur outside the dialog?  If so, it's a modal
dialog.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -