Re: ARIA roles in WAI-ARIA Graphics Module working draft

Hi Stefan,

In SVG 2.0 it is possible to do this as we have added keyboard support. We
have a new graphics document that will be the basis for accessible
graphics. The number of roles is intentionally small as we must first focus
on making sure SVG base accessibility mapping is consistent across the
operating system platforms. Right now it is all over the map and not all of
SVG is provided for. Here is the ARIA graphics document.

http://www.w3.org/TR/graphics-aria-1.0/

I can tell you that SVG is IBM's replacement for Flash too.

I would like to draw you and your developers to the current SVG2
specification section on WAI-ARIA. I am the editor on this:
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#WAIARIAAttributes

You will see we have added the tabindex attribute to SVG2:
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#tabindexattribute

We have also added script-based keyboard support for SVG2.

People will be creating widgets but our focus will be intractive graphics
and charts after we get the core infrasturucture working across browsers.

Rocj

Rich Schwerdtfeger