RE: article navigation

Agree, AT design out of scope. but my $0.02 is that there is no need for a
special feed nav mode. However, all AT should provide article nav that is
separate from landmark nav.

From: Cynthia Shelly [mailto:cyns@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:45 AM
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>; James Craig
<jcraig@apple.com>
Cc: public-aria@w3.org; PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Subject: RE: article navigation

Our touch navigation uses modes (headings, items, paragraphs, etc.) with
next/previous gestures. I believe the rotor on iOS is similar. One approach
would be to have a mode for feed navigation.  Adding modes doesn't work
forever, however. When you have too many, switching between them takes too
long and can be confusing. Another would be to leverage an existing mode
like paragraphs, containers or landmarks.

This is a question of AT UI design though, which seems out of scope for this
working group.