RE: [en] ARIA Authoring Practices Guide

Hi Valorie,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear at least part of you is
thrilled with the new APG. Launch of the new design is just one more step in
our long journey toward an APG that better serves the needs of people
working on developing a more accessible web. Like any launch, it hasn't been
without oversights and compromises, including those you mentioned.

You wrote:

>While aria-label is used to on the Learn More buttons, it is not a
mechanism that helps people who use screen readers for cognitive support.
Primarily because the aria-label does not contain the visible text.

>Two links adjacent on the page "View Patterns" and" Learn More" go to the
same place and are labelled differently.

These problems are noted in issue 2328:

https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/2328

The fix is in progress and should be in production by June 24.

You wrote:

>User experience - I now have to scroll through a long page of "cards" to
find the pattern I need with a lot of eye shifting left to right.

>Consider adding a list view in the future.

We have this issue open:

https://github.com/w3c/wai-aria-practices/issues/29

We are planning a usability study for later in the year and will consider
this issue along with other feedback as we make adjustments to the design.

I hope the work to address these issues lessens your sadness some.

Best,

Matt King