Re: Proposal submitted to Schema.org

From: Mark A. Matienzo <mark.matienzo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 06:44:38 -0700
To: Adrian Stevenson <Adrian.Stevenson@jisc.ac.uk>
Cc: public-architypes <public-architypes@w3.org>
Hi Richard, Adrian,

I can speak to our motivation as well. Stanford University Libraries have
worked on ArcLight <https://github.com/sul-dlss/arclight>, which is an open
source discovery platform for archives. We're hoping to 1) roll it out as a
product locally, ideally over the next year, and 2) add Schema.org markup
to improve discovery. It's also intended to be a broader community
solution, and potentially suitable for consortia to adopt.

In addition, I'm part of the (North American) Archives and Linked Data
working group <https://archival.github.io/> that wrote and presented a
poster <http://dcpapers.dublincore.org/pubs/article/view/3860> at DCMI
regarding the proposed extensions and the gap analysis we did regarding
existing descriptive standards and the extension. I'm hoping that my
colleagues from the group will be able to share some additional discussion
on potential implementations/applications that they're working on.

Cheers,
Mark