Re: How to describe things in an archive collection?

Giovanni,

The thing I like about schema.org is that schema:??? is capable of utility that only starts with our assumptions about the meaning of "???".

Note: http://martinfowler.com/bliki/TwoHardThings.html

When our use cases stumble on the name "???", we can (or at least should) look for language-tagged *labels* for "???". This will be a one-to-many relationship. Likewise, when that fails to clarify things we can look to language-tagged *descriptions* of "???". When that fail, we can look to domain and range assignments to "???". When that fails, we can look at examples. Etc.

Schema.org's success seems to be based on the 80/20 rule of "common sense" at all these levels. Somehow magic seems to happen when applications do that.

Jeff