Re: [AR Standards Discussion] The Augmented Web

Hi Andrew!

Agreed, and it is on our radar. We haven't had a deep discussion on
streaming capabilities in the group yet, thou.
Depends what someone would expect from a streaming mechanism. It's
obvious that streaming of 3D models should be available, as well as
fetching AR data on demand.

A simple usecase might be: When clicking on one of the virtual objects,
a new scene is constructed, with a higher LOD for that particular region.
As we allow scripting components in ARML, streaming could be handled
with AJAX calls (which would come pretty much out of the box when a
fully fledged JavaScript engine is used on the implementation). However,
streaming might also make sense in the descriptive part of the language.
KML allows for Regions and NetworkLinks which allow streaming when used
together, but I agree that it's sometimes troublesome to use.

Do you have any additional input from your side what you would expect
from a streaming mechanism in ARML? We willl take this as an input to
the group and discuss.

Thanks,
Martin

--