Re: [AR Standards Discussion] The Augmented Web

Hi Christine,

was great to catchup at ARE again.

> I was unable to do anything (couldn't download awe.js) but I visited
> the web site.

That's the github repository we'll be releasing the code into soon.

> Could you please explain how the toolkit you have prepared maps to
> (provides solutions fitting within) the AR Reference Model?

It's effectively a full stack that all operates within the mobile web
browser.  I'll do some dedicated posts on this and how it relates to the
AR Reference Model as soon as we release the code.  It will make a lot
more sense with real world examples.

> How does this use (today or in the future) the ARML 2.0
> specification?

It doesn't.  I don't see any relevance for that 8)

> Could you tell us which browsers this has been tested with and perhaps
> ask the companies involved (e.g., Google, Mozilla, Opera, Apple) to
> chime in about this?

It currently runs on Opera, leading edge WebKit browsers (e.g. Chrome)
and some leading edge builds of Firefox.  Safari is based on WebKit so
logically this can be supported too.  And we're looking forward to the
IE team releasing support for the relevant APIs soon.

So this approach to the Augmented Web works now and we expect these
capabilities to flow down and be commonly available within the next 6
months.  If we look back over the history of AR Standards I think we can
see how quickly that time frame pases 8)

So...more case studies and demos/videos coming soon.

roBman