	From: Close, Tyler J. [mailto:tyler.close@hp.com]
	Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:38 AM
	To: David Orchard
	Cc: WAF WG (public)
	Subject: RE: Issue 22 closed

	Hi Dave,

	I'm glad the WG has recognized the problems raised by ISSUE-22
and is working on a solution. As I explained in the corresponding email
threads, these problems are a significant impediment to the application
of webarch principles, so a solution is a high priority.

	I don't yet completely understand the currently proposed, and
changing, solution, so am not yet able to say whether or not the
problems have been adequately addressed. As I stated in my initial
review of the AC4CSR document, I'm uncomfortable with the significant
and growing complexity of the design. I think this functionality could
be provided in a simpler and safer way. I'm especially concerned about
Jonas Sicking's comment that the specification has now grown so complex
that he may be unable to implement it all on his first pass for Firefox
3.0. To me, that indicates the specification's complexity has crossed a
significant threshold. I think it's time to take a step back and
consider the task anew, or for the first time, since it seems the task
has yet to be fully understood and documented. At the very least, I
think it's clear the current design is not ready to move forward to
deployment.

	42

	--Tyler