Re: ACTION-161: Rewording for requirement 3

On 2008-01-31 17:43:12 -0800, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Must be deployable to IIS and Apache without requiring actions by the server
> administrator in a configuration where the user can upload static files, run
> serverside scripts (such as PHP, ASP, and CGI), control http headers, and
> control authorization, but only do this for URIs under a given set of
> subdirectories on the server.
>

> Not sure if there is a better more technical term for "URIs under a given
> set of subdirectories on the server". The idea is that the user might only
> have access to control "/~sicking" and "/trip-planner-2010" and resources
> under those directories.

I would like this to not mention specific products of any particular
vendor.

Please phrase this generically in terms of the user being able to
control a static resource, being able to control http headers, and
authorization.

(I think I said that on the call already.)
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>