Re: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:26:39 +0200, Sunava Dutta
> <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the participation and comments.
> > I think this discussion is best continued in a telecon. I'm working with
> > Doug Schepers to see what we can schedule here.
> > Once again, thanks for sharing thoughts and providing feedback.
>
> Wouldn't it be better if the IE Team first addressed the issues raised
> so far with XDomainRequest in an e-mail? Getting this information in a
> teleconference is not very convenient as minutes are often of poor
> quality and teleconferences don't allow for thinking arguments through
> and studying them.

That seems reasonable. It would also be good to get Microsoft's promised
(and long overdue) technical feedback on the XMLHttpRequest and Access
Control specifications. For example, there have been multiple claims that
these specifications have security problems, but so far nobody has
responded to the requests for a description of these problems. It would be
difficult to make any useful progress on a telecon without this feedback
available first, since we would be unable to carefully consider the
feedback on a call.

I look forward to the replies from the IE team regarding the above topics.
I think such e-mails are a prerequisite to any attempt to reconcile the
XDR proposal with the XMLHttpRequest and Access Control specifications.

In the meantime, I propose that we continue with the work on the
XMLHttpRequest and Access Control specifications.