Re: [widgets] Digital Signatures

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
> Additionally, I don't think the current document says what to do
>  with absolute URI references in Reference elements.  Are these
>  dereferenced?   And how do you deal with references to resouces

Ignore anything that points outside:

"Apply the Reference Validation algorithm as defined in [XMLDsig], by
taking each Reference element and exactly matching the value of the
URI attribute to the file name field of a file entry. Validate against
the matched file entry's data field (do not use the decompressed
representation)."

>  that are external to the widget resource from indiivdual elements --
>  e.g., a <script> tag in the main widget element?

This will be addressed by Opera's security input... which should
hopefully be sent to the list today(?).

Kind regards,
Marcos
--