Moving the AC4CSR spec forward [Was: Re: What is Microsoft's intent with XDR vis-a-vis W3C?]

Mike, All,

On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:46 AM, ext Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> "Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>, 2008-04-02 23:52 +0000:
>
>> I think the AC4CSR spec is a goner, and so appreciate Microsoft
>> stepping up with a proposal that seems more likely to survive
>> study and deployment. Given the Mozilla announcement, now seems
>> like the right time to move on from the AC4CSR proposal.
>
> Speaking as the W3C team contact for the space in which this work
> is being done, I want to note that the decision about how to
> progress with the Access Control spec rests with the chair and
> members of the working group who have invested many months now in
> having active, open, public discussion around it and the use cases
> and requirements underlying it.

None of the members of the WG have indicated the work on the AC4CSR
spec should stop thus it is still an active work item. I've noted:

Jonas indicated [1] he is working on a solution to the cookie issue
he raised. I encourage others to contribute to this effort.

Maciej indicated [2] he will analyze the attack issues raised and
respond.

Regarding the "tone" issue Tyler raised [3], I will respond to that
separately (on WAF WG's public mail list).

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008Mar/
0000.html>
[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008Apr/