Re: [access-control] non-GET threat model and authorization choreography

On Oct 15, 2007, at 22:29, Ian Hickson wrote:

> We can't use OPTIONS because Apache returns
>
>    Allow: GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE
>
> ...by default, which would basically mean that out of the box, any
> resource that support cross-site GET would automatically support
> cross-site POST.

This could be remedied by using a newly named header in the OPTIONS
response (e.g. Method-Allow). As a further benefit, introducing new
headers would allow the caching outlined in Anne's message.

> Also, OPTIONS doesn't return a body, which is useful to authors who
> want
> to include the cross-domain rights in XML PIs rather than HTTP
> headers.

Do bad things happen if you do return an entity body in an OPTIONS
response? Moreover, what's the point of using PIs if you have control
over HTTP headers?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi