Re: [XBL] content element and locked

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Ian Hickson wrote:

> > Also, could you change the name 'xblSetInsertionPoint' ? It is really
> > confusing. It is definitely not 'set' since you can add multiple
> > children to a content element and the term "insertion point" is not
> > used in the spec. It should be something like addContentChild.
>
> I've changed it to xblAssign() for now but I'm going to discuss this
> with Hyatt later today to see if we can come up with a better name.

I've received contradictory feedback (off-list) saying that xblAssign() is
too vague and asking for it to be returned to xblSetInsertionPoint().

I don't really like either name. Any suggestions? xblAddContentChild()
doesn't really work for me since you're not adding a child of the
<content> element per se.

I've changed it back to xblSetInsertionPoint() for now, on the assumption
that the status quo is better than a change when we don't have consensus.