Re: [XBL] Abstract

Ian,
Saying that you could implement XForms data model features using XBL by
binding to the root element is like saying you could implement XBL in HTML
by attaching an onload event handler.

Jon

Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
Web Architect, Emerging Technologies
IBM, Menlo Park, CA
Mobile: +1-650-926-5865

             Ian Hickson
             <ian@hixie.ch>
             public-appformats         Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM@IBMUS
             -request@w3.org                                            cc
                                       public-appformats@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
             01/08/2007 08:54          Re: [XBL] Abstract
             PM

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> XForms has two major components, things that have to do with the data
> model and things that have to do with UI controls. The data model
> includes a (fairly simple) data dependency engine and a event-driven
> processing model with a number of different events defined. These things
> require a dedicated engine. XBL doesn't help with these features.

I don't see why. It seems like you could easily implement those in XBL,
especially the event-driven design, e.g. by binding to the root element.