Re: XForms WG review of XBL2 will be delayed

John,

The first XBL2 Last Call document [LC-1] was published on 9 Sep 2006,
almost a half-year ago. Although the W3C process requires a minimum
of a 3-week review period we set the review period to 3 months
(ending 7 December 2006). On September 11 the publication of this
document was announced on the public-appformats mail list [LC1-
Public]. That same day I separately announced the publication of this
document on the W3C Chairs list and explicitly included you since you
are the Chair of the XForms WG and that is one of the WGs we
explicitly asked to review the document [LC1-Member].

In December 2006 we agreed to extend the comment deadline to Jan 12
because of a request from a member of the SVG WG. On December 11 the
extension was announced on the public mail list plus the W3C's HTML
CG mail list.

On January 17 the 2nd Last Call of XBL2 was published with a review
period ending Feb 9. This effectively means XBL2 has been in Last
Call for five months. We believe this is a sufficient amount of
review time therefore we will not extend the review period (again).

We welcome comments from the XForms WG at any time.

Regards,

Art Barstow
---

[LC1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/>