Re: [XBL Primer] new scenarios

Hi Marcos,

I think that the set of examples you are envisaging could be quite
useful. however, I have some concerns:

+ You talk about Web Forms 2. As far as I know it is not clear that Web
Forms 2 is something to be adopted by W3C. The Forms Task Force is
working on XFORMS Transitional [1]. I think the example should avoid
using any Web Forms 2 syntax.

+ You talk about HTML 5. The former comment also applies here. At the
moment it is not clear if the W3C is going to adopt the WHATWG proposal
or not. So, IMHO, the examples should be neutral and be built upon HTML
4.01 or XHTML 1.1.

+ Example 4 is something within the domain of a content adaptation tool
and not in the domain of XBL. This comment may be applied to other
examples, I think the Primer should not create confusion in authors and
lead them to think that XBL is something intended to avoid the usage of
a content adaptation platform.

+ I miss an example devoted to the extension of an existing UI
component. IMHO, this is an important application of XBL, IMHO even more
important that the content adaptation applications you are suggesting.

Thanks and best wishes

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/XForms-Transitional/